What you'll need:
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
onion powder (optional)
cayenne pepper (optional)
garlic powder (optional)
5 - 6 boneless pork loin chops *you can alter depending on how many folks your cooking for*
6 medium sized potatoes sliced
2 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup butter *okay to use a little over 1/2 cup*
Step 1: Prep
- Pre-heat the oven to 350
- Mix the flour, salt, pepper and other seasonings in a small bowl and set aside. *Note: I didn't put a specific amount for the seasonings because you can do it to taste. for the flour mix I suggest about 3 TBS of salt and 1 1/2 TBS of pepper. If you use the other seasonings use about 2 tsp of each.*
- Use the salt, pepper & other seasonings to season the chops to taste and set them aside in a container.
- Slice the potatoes *Note: I add a little pepper and salt to the potatoes as well since they absorb salt.*
- Brown the chops in a skillet...don't cook all the way through, just brown them on the outside
- Heat the milk up until it's steaming and melt the butter - put them in a container together
- Place the chops in an oven safe pan/dish
- Add a layer of the potatoes and then sprinkle some the flour mix over the first layer
- Add another layer of potatoes and sprinkle the remaining flour mix over the top
- Pour the hot milk and butter mixture over the meat and potatoes making sure everything is submerged as much as possible
- Place in the oven for 45 minutes - uncovered
- Check it a few times to make sure the flour is thickening and the liquid will start to boil a bit.
- After 45 minutes open the oven and sprinkle shredded cheese over the top. We love cheese in my house so I use a lot, but it's at your discretion of course.
- Close the oven and cook for another 15 minutes
- It's okay if it gets a little brown around the edges...it's still yumm!
- Remove from the oven let it stand for about 5 minutes
- Enjoy :)