So, I was looking at my comments this morning and I saw that I was nominated for a Liebster Award for newish/up and coming Bloggers who have less than 200 followers! How awesome is that?!?
The idea is that people win the award and pass it on to other Bloggers who are in the same boat. My research - which isn't really mine at all since I copied the research rules from my nominator:) - tells me that the rules are;
- Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
- They must also answer the 11 questions the tagger has set for them.
- They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.
- They must then choose 11 bloggers to tag with less than 200 followers.
- These lucky bloggers must be told.
- There are no tag backs
11 Things about me:
- I love soccer and played for over 20 years until my asthma and allergies flared up and stopped me for a while
- I'm an advocate for advocates and love to help pepole have a voice for a cause
- I'm a Christian - no where near perfect - but God loves me anyway
- I have a very sarcastic sense of humor
- I love to laugh and sometimes laugh at inappropriate times
- I'm blessed to still have both sets of my grandparents living and in my life
- Most of my family is from New Orleans and I love the Southern life
- My "Person" and hubby (to be) is from NOLA as well and I love him so much
- I have become a Pinterest addict over night
- I'm hoping to have a baby by or before I turn 32
- I played the Tuba in elementary just to be contrary :)
1. If you could go anywhere in the world to visit, where would it be?
2. Do you read? If so who is your favorite author?
Yes. I can get into just about any book. But to realx my mind for just a good read, I enjoy Zane ;)3. What is your occupation?
I work for an Intermodal company as a Customer Service Rep. and I'm a freelance journalist for the HighDesert Daily
4. What inspired you to blog?
Turning 30. Writing has always been my passion and turning 30 made me realize I needed to get back to
basics and do what I love
5. Who is your fashion Icon?I'm not really big on fashion. But I do love Kimora Lee Simmons and Tyra Banks
6. What is your favorite store to shop for clothes?Well if you've read my "Confessions of a Chubby Chick" editions then you know I'm not shop at any store
kinda gal lol. I have found much comfort and wonderful clothes at Mode Plus...love that place. I should
7. What is your favorite store to shop for cosmetics?I don't wear much make-up. But when I do, it's either Mary Kay or Sephora
8. Where do you live? USA? UK? Other?USA
9. Favorite tv show?Gee just one? It's a tie between Breaking Bad and Grey's Anatomy
10. If you could only choose 1 cosmetic to use on your face, what would it be?Oil Mattifier - I'm super oily all day!
11. Have you ever met up with a fellow blogger?Aside from my BFF - who I technically knew before she started blogging - No I haven't but I would really like to one day :)
Here are my nominees:
- Pastor - Not Alone
- Melina - Frazzled Fran
- Rebecca - New Momma Beckers
- Janiene - A Bunch of Bishops
- Jeniece - Coupon Mommy
- Mike - Finishing Well
- Carmen - Have I told you Lately
- Melissa - Writing with Style
- Dawn - Red Vines & Red Wine
- Daisy Buckner - Encouraging Words from the Word
- Faith - Reflection of Myself
Questions for my nominees:
What motivated you to start blogging?
How long have you been blogging/Writing?
Who are your top 3 favorite bloggers?
What other hobbies do you have?
What would your first purchase be if you won the lottery?
What do you feel is your best quality?
What is your current occupation?
What is your favorite professional sport & team?
Who is your favorite Actor/Actress
What's your upcoming New Year's goal?
Teall us a secret about you (that won't be so secret anymore lol)
Enjoy the questionaire ladies and gents. Thank you again to my nominator Jo Lane: Loving Life in the Fab Lane...You are awesome!