Sunday, September 16, 2012

Confessions of a Chubby Chick: Just because they make it in your size...

Well ladies...you know your strengths and weaknesses right?  You know when you're too shy or too loud or meek and the list goes on.  So why is it that we tend to lose sight of things when we're clothes shopping?  I'm a size 16 or 14 depending on the cut (did you really think I wouldn't tell my size since I told my weight duh!) and I know that just because they make certain things in my size, doesn't mean that I should wear them.  For example; I have a belly and no business in anything that shows it off.  I don't care how confident I am, some things are just ridiculous.  I can't be mad at a skimpy 2 piece that I can't find in my size.  Quite frankly, if I found a skimpy two piece in my size I would have to slap the maker for being so dumb.  Really, me and all of my size 16 has no business in a show it all 2-piece.  I show enough I don't need to advertise my goodies on the clearance rack!
So let's talk about item number one...Work out clothing:


Try Instead...
Well as you know I'm all for us chubby girls getting in shape and such, but I wear sweat pants and an over  sized t-shirt when I go to the gym or even at home to work out.  Spandex are meant to stretch and all, but honey at some point spandex are not our friends.  Not all out in the open like this.  I have a strict no animal policy for myself because it just invites to much attention, but hey that's just me.  Just because they make it in your size...

Next on the list.  More spandex...One size does NOT fit all:

So the picture on the left...yes her butt is very real.  I was at a club (years ago) with my BFF and we saw this girl and couldn't stop looking at her lol.  We weren't alone in staring either.  She got up on a stage with white spandex and a thong the was screaming in pain.  I know there are specialty stores that make jeans for her and there are even some shirts that would cover if she just had to wear these spandex.  Just because you see "one size fits all" doesn't mean you honey.  If you shop at a plus size store for everything else, what makes you think that you're gonna comfortably squeeze into the spandex in the junior miss section?  I'm not digging on chubby chicks - I AM one remember - I'm just saying be smart about what you wear.  Just because they make it in your size...
Remember my comments about bathing suits...


Okay these are from a "fatkini" gallery.  The lady in red, while I appreciate her confidence, should reconsider.  That's all I have to say about that.  The lady in pink...I do love her choice.  The high waist makes it more fat girl friendly.

That's it for this edition of Just Because they make it in your size.  From one chubby chick to a million others like me.  I encourage you all to embrace yourselves and all of your goodies.  Just be smart about some of the choices that you make.  We have to struggle for respect as it is in this "skinny" world.  Lets not draw ridiculous attention just to make a point.  I'm just sayin...

2 comments:

  1. Haha these are crazy! I love that high-waisted pink bikini. Looks great on her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...Me too! I thought that was really classy :). Still I know my truth so I'll stick to a one piece HA!

      Delete